For a long time, nutritionists have argued about the importance of breakfast in our busy daily lives. Vegan or balanced, a morning snack is a must to energize you for a good start to the day. In any case, it is scientifically proven that this meal should not be skipped in order to avoid nutritional deficiencies and digestive problems. What to prefer, a hot breakfast or a cold breakfast, is a matter of personal choice and should not affect health.
Is a hot breakfast required?
It is logical to think that in the summer we are tempted to eat something refreshing in the morning. Either an express smoothie recipe or a light, meat-free breakfast to fill up anytime. However, in winter, when you shiver as soon as you get out of bed, a good vegetable soup overshadows you, and a warm wave fills your body.
So, depending on the season and your own feelings, choose a hot or cold breakfast. Our editors have come across three recipes that somehow will not pass by your radar.
Jamie Oliver’s Pinned Hot Breakfast Recipe
This recipe for huevos rancheros is a Mexican dish with eggs and spicy tomato sauce on tortillas. Capsicum gives sweetness, and chorizo gives a pleasant smoky flavor. It’s great for brunch. You can add any variety of beans to make it very filling and varied.
- 4 whole tortillas, cut into small triangles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dried chorizo (about 170g), shelled, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra for serving
- 2 long red chilies, thinly sliced, plus extra for serving
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 400g jar of mixed beans
- 2 cups (70 g) baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- Thinly sliced avocado, for serving
Follow the recommended method
No worries about cooking because oil cleaning is a simple process:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking sheet with oil and line it with baking paper. Arrange the tortilla pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet with a lid over high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until crispy. Add the garlic, bell peppers, green onions, and chili peppers and continue to cook, stirring regularly, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and caramelized.
3. Add tomatoes and beans along with the canning liquid. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Add baby spinach for 1 minute or until wilted.
4. Using a spoon, make 4 small wells in the mixture, then carefully break an egg into each. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
5. Drizzle beans and eggs with lime juice and serve immediately with crunchy tortillas, lime wedges, scallions, chopped peppers and chopped avocado.
Heartfelt, right!? and plenty of time too! If this is not your cup of tea, we have another hot breakfast recipe that will take you less time.
This quick and easy dish is very satisfying at any time of the day. It needs simple ingredients: 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 175 g of brown mushrooms and mushrooms (larger ones cut in half), 4 eggs, 100 g of arugula leaves, 2-4 slices of sourdough bread, 1 avocado puree, (perhaps the first harvest from your avocado tree), olive oil, chili sauce and lemon wedges to serve.
1. Heat oil in a 25 cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 10 minutes or until browned.
2. Crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until done according to your taste. Remove from heat, sprinkle with arugula, then drizzle with olive oil and chili sauce.
3. Meanwhile, toast the bread and brush it with avocado. Serve with lemon wedges, eggs and mushrooms.
Hot food prices for breakfast
Your goal is to impress the whole family, isn’t it, and this time with the Grand Marnier. You will need: 400 ml cream (liquid), 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 cup (110 g) powdered sugar, 4 thick slices of square brioche, 60 g unsalted butter, 8 chopped figs. halved, 1/4 cup (60 ml) Grand Marnier, fresh cream for serving.
The morning after the celebration of the New Year is a good reason to start the day with this culinary masterpiece.
1. Put cream, eggs, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Soak the brioche in the egg mixture for 20 seconds, then place it on a plate, ready to bake.
2. Melt 30 g butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook brioches in two batches, 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Book and warm up.
3. To make the caramel, wipe the mold and add 1/4 cup (55 g) sugar and the remaining 30 g butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar melts and dissolves. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown, then add the Grand Marnier and cook for 1-2 more minutes until slightly reduced. The book is awesome.
4. Sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar over the fig slice. Place a clean skillet over medium heat, then add the figs, cut side down, and cook for 1 minute or until caramelized.
5.Serve the figs on French toast with fresh cream and caramel.
Source : https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/