Here’s a recipe for Dandy’s very popular fried chicken sandwich. We serve it with creamy apple remoulade on a homemade bun.
For 6 servings
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp a spoonful of salt
- 1 C. pepper
- 1 c. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- one. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and leave the chicken to marinate for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2. In another bowl, mix all the ingredients for the breading. To book.
- 3. Remove chicken from liquid and coat in breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken back into the buttermilk marinade and back into the breadcrumbs.
- 4. Finally, fry the chicken in canola oil at 185°C until the outside is golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75°C.
- 5. Serve on a bun with your choice of garnish.
Michael Tozzi – Head of Dendy
244 Rue Saint-Jacques, in Old Montreal
See in video