Macaroni gratin, or macaroni and cheese, is one of the favorite dishes of our American friends. The recipe for his success? Tube-shaped pasta with cheddar sauce and breadcrumbs. Good news, we have found the best tricolor recipe. And signed by Laurent Mariotte!
A simple and delicious recipe for the day, that’s what we offer Laurent Mariotte on his show Small meals in balance, broadcast on TF1. Shepherd’s pie, tomato chan, amaretti… renowned food writer share by the way all the recipes he cooks on the screen on his website laurentmarriotte.com/small-dishes-in-balance. Last? pasta casserole who, in addition to being super good, also cooks less than 30 minutes stopwatch. Get your aprons, here’s how!
Quick Recipe: Pasta Gratin by Laurent Mariotte
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 500g pasta
- 200 g grated cheddar or emmental cheese
- 100 g butter
- 50 g sifted flour
- 30 ml milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Boil pasta al dente in 3 liters of boiling salted water. Drain them and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Prepare bechamel does melt 50 g butter in a pan with powder. Add milk from heat, salt and pepper. Stir constantly with a whisk over medium heat, until boiling. Add 150g cheddar and let melt.
- Brush the gratin dish with the remaining butter. Cover with a layer of pasta, cover with bechamel and resume the operation.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and thyme.
- Bake and leave to brown for 15 minutes.
This should please your gourmet tribe! This pasta casserole can be eaten alone or served with a small green saladjust in color…