Try the macaroni, cheese and salmon dish to enjoy the sweetness!
Make a delicious version of Mac & Cheese with Smoked Salmon!
Mac & Cheese is a great idea for making fish easy and making a gourmet and hearty meal. You can of course replace the salmon with the fish of your choice if you like (smoked haddock, cod…) or opt for a vegetarian option.
Photo: Shutterstock/Elena Shashkina
To prepare this recipe, follow these steps:
Mac & Cheese with salmon again
– 3 slices smoked salmon
– 350 g pasta (or shells)
– 50 g butter (+ for greasing the dish)
– 25 g flour
– 25 ml milk
– 25 ml liquid cream
– 130 g grated cheddar cheese
– 4 NOISES of freshly grated Parmesan
– Salt and pepper
– 125 g breadcrumbs
– 1 drop of olive oil
– 1 CASE of chopped parsley
1. Cut the smoked salmon into strips.
2. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat and slowly pour in the milk, whisking. Return to heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream, cheddar and half the parmesan. Salt and pepper.
4. Drain the pasta and return to the pot. Pour in the sauce and salmon, stir, then transfer the mixture to an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and breadcrumbs. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.