Training: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Portions 4
- 1 C. butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced, about 875 ml (3 ½ cups)
- 2 tbsp tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 625 ml (2 ½ cups) low-salt beef broth
- 180 ml (¾ cup) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sherry
- 500 ml (2 cups) pasta
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated Gruyere cheese, divided
- 180 ml (¾ cup) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (½ cup) panko breadcrumbs
READ: Pitas with vegetables and falafel with red pepper
- Place a rack in the top third of the oven. Preheat the grill.
- In a 25 cm (10 inch) non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and 1 tbsp. thyme. Stir occasionally until the onion is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in the broth, water and sherry. Stir in pasta. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes. Remove from fire. Add 250ml (1 cup) Gruyère, mascarpone and Dijon sauce. Mix the rest of the gruyere and panko, then sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle pasta with remaining thyme.
READ: Popcorn in a pot, like at a fair
The nutritional value
Protein: 33 g
Carbs: 63 g
Fat: 38 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 658 mg
Excellent source of vitamin B12