- 15 ml (1 tbsp) salt
- 450g (about 3 cups) pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 multi-colored sweet peppers (depending on sales), diced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches of chili flakes
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) tomato paste
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 75 ml (1 cup) black olives, coarsely chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) tomato juice
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) dried basil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 1 container 500 g (2 cups) cottage cheese
- 500 ml (2 cups) tightly packed baby spinach
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) mozzarella
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Bring a large pot of water with 15 ml (1 tablespoon) salt to a boil.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water, stir once and cook for 4 minutes until very tender. Al dente. Drain pasta without rinsing.
- Saute onion and pepper in oil in a saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes. The pepper should be soft, but not brown.
- Add garlic, chili, tomato paste, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add zucchini, olives and stir.
- Pour in the tomato juice, basil, sugar and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cottage cheese, spinach and stir.
- Add pasta and stir for 2 minutes until pasta is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella, fry and serve.
Beautiful, good, cheap / recipes for every dayBroken Peel, Editions La Presse, $29.95.