THE RECIPE – Try this succulent easy mac and cheese mac and cheese recipe by Jonathan Garnier and presented by SB kitchen Zeste. Great dinner idea for the whole family!
For more information visit foodduquebec.com and beefquebec.org
Serves: 4 – Prep: 15 minutes – Cook: 25-30 minutes
- 450 g (1 lb) smoked Quebec beef
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) butter
- 75 ml (5 tablespoons) flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 500 ml (2 cups) le bucan cheese
- 500g (17oz) pasta, al dente
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) onion jelly
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- ground salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the grill to maximum.
On a BBQ grill, sear the smoked meat pieces, 2 minutes per side.
Leave two whole pieces of smoked meat, and cut the rest.
Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour and, stirring, cook the roux for 1 minute. In a saucepan, using a whisk, gradually add milk.
When the mixture thickens, add the nutmeg and half the cheese.
In a large bowl, add the resulting preparation, cooked pasta, onion jelly, minced meat and mix. Check seasoning.
Pour the mixture into a gratin dish. Put 2 slices of smoked meat on top, put the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
Place an indirect gratin dish with the lid closed at 220°C (425°F) on the grill for 15 to 20 minutes.