Try this delicious pumpkin mac and cheese made by SB Cuisine: a great way to include vegetables in a classic dish!
SQUASH MAC AND CHEESE
Serves: 4 – Prep: 15 minutes – Cook: 35 minutes
- 1.5 liters (6 cups) pumpkin, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 servings cooked pasta
- 250 ml (1 cup) homemade bechamel sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) mozzarella, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper for taste
Preheat the oven with the rack in the middle to 200°C (400°F).
In a bowl, mix the pumpkin cubes, onion, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
On a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat, spread the prepared vegetables and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Put the oven on the grill (broil).
In a bowl, combine pasta, bechamel sauce, mozzarella and pumpkin. Check seasoning.
Pour mixture into a gratin dish, sprinkle with cheddar, then breadcrumbs and leave to brown for 5 minutes.