Cherries, figs and melons, we still have to wait. Meanwhile, April fruits still offer a wide variety to feast on. And, above all, excellent opportunities for delicious and healthy recipes to prepare for the arrival of summer. Let’s find out together.
April fruits in your kitchen
There should always be fruit in the kitchen. Ideal for a morning breakfast with muesli or coffee, or when you feel hungry in the morning. They are also an excellent dessert for lunch or dinner in the form of compote or natural. And to taste, they can be mixed in smoothies or ice cream with just vegetable milk. In a word, life without fruits would not be very fun.
A small plus of fruits is that they grow depending on the season. As a result, we never eat the same foods depending on the month of the year. April has something for everyone. From winter fruits that end in season to summer fruits that come to the fore with the warmth of the rising sun. Real pleasure.
April fruits: Bananas, oranges, kiwis, lemons, apples and pears. As well as rhubarb, pomelo, mango and strawberries.
What to start feeling in the summer while staying in a cocoon. But to cook…
Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
The cheesecake is good. Really very good. But very often it is first of all very high-calorie. Fine butter, butter, cheese… Do not overdo it. Unless… you change the original recipe for something healthier but just as delicious. So you want? Here is the prescription.
For the bottom of the cake:
- 140 g pitted dates (depending on the bottom of the mold)
- 40 g walnuts
- 80 g oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the cake:
- 450 g cottage cheese
- 200 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 140ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 70 g brown sugar
- 4 gelatin sheets
- 1 lime
- Mix the ingredients for the bottom of the cake, then spoon the mixture into a parchment-lined pan. Press down firmly with the back of a large spoon to stick them together. Place in refrigerator.
- Soak gelatin in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Mash the strawberries and heat them up in a small saucepan.
- Take out and squeeze out the gelatin before adding it to the strawberries. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved in the strawberry puree. Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Add half of the planned sugar to the yolks. Whisk until the mixture is frothy.
- Then add strawberry puree and lime juice. Add cream cheese and mix well, but gently.
- Add the remaining sugar to the egg whites, then beat them.
- In another bowl, whip the cream so that it also rises.
- Gently fold the cream into the strawberry-curd mixture with a spatula, then fold in the beaten egg whites. Mix gently again.
- Pour everything over the date base.
Enjoy at least 5 hours later. The longer you wait, the better.
Enjoy this April!